Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Butterfly Effect: Recurrences In My Life.

Before watching the movie years ago, you would always hear the term "Everything happens for a reason." or its being called the "Domino Effect". But seeing it, in a fictional sense, made me question more if one particular instance, circumstance, happening, etc could falter a series of events or could make your entire lifetime different?
 
Taken from the next thing to Google, this is the definition/ meaning of The Butterfly Effect based on the Chaos Theory via Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect:
 

"Recurrence, the approximate return of a system towards its initial conditions, together with sensitive dependence on initial conditions are the two main ingredients for chaotic motion. They have the practical consequence of making complex systems, such as the weather, difficult to predict past a certain time range (approximately a week in the case of weather), since it is impossible to measure the starting atmospheric conditions completely accurately."

 

This type of shit gets my wheels spinning. Let's take my life full circle with specific events and persons for example. Here goes...

 

If I would've never watched the news for days straight with my mother the night of Princess Diana's death in 1997, would I have ever been infatuated with the Royal Family? Would that have also stopped the death of Aaliyah in 2001, which I also watched the telecasts with my mother on TV? If Aaliyah's death would've never happened, would I have moved to Dallas in 2002 to pursue a college education in Fashion? If I would've have stayed in Dallas, would the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami have happened? And if that would have never happened, that means our family wouldn't have a nickname for my niece who is named after Aaliyah, "Shamommy" (MoMo couldn't pronounce "tsunami"). If Hurricane Rita wouldn't have happened in 2005, would I have never met the man of my dreams in Houston? If i would've never met He, would I have been as prepared to take care of mommy the way I was in 2008, or would she have even been sick? If mommy wouldn't have passed in 2008, would I have gotten a puppy a week ago from He that I posthumously named "Princess Di"?

 

I would like to think that it is and will always be God's plan and not some man-made theoretical conspiracy, but my connection to the "other" world and my beliefs in divine confirmations makes me second guess. It all makes perfect sense to me, but would it make sense in a perfect world? That's a question I wont keep asking myself. This world isn't perfect and will never be.

No comments: