Monday, June 21, 2010

Hey, Daddy

Hey, daddy. Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you. Even though Father's Day was yesterday, it's important to let you know every chance I get. Of course the last couple years has been rough on the two of us. Our relationship has seemed to dwindle down to just father and daughter and not friends. But, I want to get past that. Today, I want to sit back and reminisce on my favorite memory of you.


You'd come home from work from the day shift, which you hated. I had to be like 6 or 7 and it was far past my bed time. I would intentionally wait up for you so you could tickle my back. You sat down in your chair and there I came, asking if you could tickle my back. Of course you said yes. I laid across the arms of the chair and you would pass over my back with your finger tips for about 2 minutes. When I got up, you told me "Now, Frog. That's it. You are too big and tall for that. Daddy, can't do it anymore." I cried. That was our bond. Soonafter, it was alright. I appreciate that daddy. Love you.

No comments: